My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Rotweiler...

You may've seen a post earlier about how a neighbour's dog wanders into our garden and leaves its business(this is until a fence is replaced)which we are having to wait another three months to be completed, its already been a couple of months.

A potted history is that the original wire fence and shrubs which offered a natural break against strong winds was ripped out and replaced with a panel fence but that was placed on top of a small brick wall and over a period of two or three years it has blown over numerous times and now it is totally smashed and the brick wall is in a variety of broken sections or odd bricks.

When its replaced hopefully it will be more able to stand whatever weather is thrown at it. It will be of a different design.

I'll be honest I am not a fan of the Rotweiler breed but I can understand the attraction for some their strength and possibly use in guarding a factory etc...against robberies etc...but too many are being kept in unsuitable conditions in towns where there is little or no space to give such an animal a decent walk or the exercise required and there is always the worry that if you are unable to control it a child or owner wouldn't stand much of a chance.

The other day I saw someone walking one without being on a lead around this housing estate.

Even though I know that it is said that in many cases they are very friendly and are "Big Softies!"

Its nothing to do with me but I do know that our neighbours dog usually only averages twenty five minutes or less exercise daily, that's not enough for a dog as powerful or inqusitive and there are times where it howls for what seems like ages. Especially if left alone.

I tried to fit a little section of fencing into a gap between our properties but the dog is such a lean muscle machine its like watching an elephant or a military tank pushing everything in its path.

And it pushed over my fence like it was nothing.

I have now had to drag my wheelie bin into the garden and use it to block up the gap and further up the same side place a recycling crate.

So far so good I hope...

It is a nuisance as if I put rubbish into the bin it will too heavy to take to the front of the house on collection day so I'll have to save the rubbish in the passage that runs alongside the house and put the bags into the bin on the day the refuse company empties it.

But if it stops me finding large dumps of **** in the garden and the shock I had the other day. I left the door open to the garden because it was warm. I opened the kitchen door to go and get something out of the fridge/freezer in a kind of outhouse for the evening meal and the Rotweiler looking at me. It was quite a shock especially as I wasn't expecting it and had forgotten that it was entering our garden.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I have no doubt the neighbour has been aware of your efforts to stop his dog getting into your garden....the fact that the dog continued probably means the neighbour doesn't give a damn...worth bearing in mind.

5 July 2011 at 12:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ain't that the truth...

You couldn't have less bothersome neighbours than ourselves.

Once the fence goes up things will improve no doubt.

5 July 2011 at 14:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home