My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 04, 2011

I Don't Do Heat...

At the best of times(perhaps because of side effects of medication)or the condition, I get so hot I am tired and I drip with sweat.

So then when it gets very hot and there is little if any wind to cool you down when outside and as this country doesn't do nor with the concern about global warming/climate change they would not like you to install air conditioning...

I so welcome a good downpour. I have all the windows open day and night, I have a big electric fan going but I'm sure all that does is move hot air around the bedroom and as for attempting to sleep, if I manage it will be because I am exhausted otherwise I'm unable to and I don't have any clothes on(not a pretty sight)and no bedding and they say(the media)we can expect two months of this weather for June and July...

I hope that they are wrong...

I'd quite like the idea of standing in the garden and being rained upon...

Oh and I have computer problems(again)so more expense...my laptop is kaput. Another desktop that I record audio to hard drive cannot decide how long it wants to work, sometimes it will run for hours...other times it will stop every few minutes you never have any idea what it will do or any warning...I've contacted my repairman and so far had no reply so I wonder if he's on holiday...and how long before things are replaced or fixed and more to the point what is it all going to cost?

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Don't move to Spain then! You're right about fans but it is a relief to feel the moving air. I'm not a fan of airconditioning.

Standing in the rain...one of life's pleasures.

4 June 2011 at 10:10  
Blogger Span Ows said...

No pun intended at the end of that 1st paragraph!

4 June 2011 at 10:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, that little heatwave didn't last long...Its not cold but at least we're not sweltering.

It doesn't take much to excite me these days but the computer repairman is visiting tomorrow morning and I hope that he may be able to get the laptop working for a few more months and tidy up some problems on the main pc's.

He cured one problem by e-mail :-)

I need some good news as again some more promised cuts from our Government(announced very quietly)I assume to avoid a backlash will see many people's incomes being slashed even further and though people promised that they can stay in social housing and the new rules would only affect new tennants I can see affecting those who already have housing, it could see many having to move out(into smaller properties)but as many have said unless new smaller properties are available, are being built and are of good quality and in nice areas you'll see people taken down to a poorer level of living and then there is nowhere for them to be rehoused.

I suspect the big error in retrospect was selling off social housing.

Not so much giving people the chance to get on the hosuing ladder at a reasonable price but by not te building emore/enough of such properties to replace what stock you'd lost.

I'll never be in a position to buy and what property I am able to rent will decrease in quality but I suspect the rent will increase.

There is talk that you could consider becoming a lodger taking someone's spare room but I don't fancy that idea myself.

Social or the private sector its a worrying time.

7 June 2011 at 02:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home