My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 17, 2011

A Cracked Window Pane...



Not the best image of the cracked pane but the best that I can do...

Having a visit from a PC or whatever they send these days when you report an incident...

Found the window in the little front bedroom has had a stone thrown at it(or is it an air rifle shot?)and we have a cracked piece of glass with a hole...I thought the landlord would accept our reporting of it and replace it. However if we don't get a incident number from the police we have to pay...

Luckily, its just the outside piece of glass not the inside pane of the double glazing...

I was never aware that you had to pay for your own windows when you rent. Hopefully, with this information from the police we won't be paying...

Well, there's the three visits from the landlord.

They say things happen in three's so we have the tree survey, the checking of our smoke alarms soon(I check them every week and had to replace a battery at 2am this very morning)and now the window needs replacing.

It took three attempts to get sorted with the police too...

I was put through to a department which I had to leave my number on an answer phone and be called back.

Then I phoned again having heard nothing and was told I should've been dealt with straight away(and not put through to leave a message on the answerphone)and was asked for my details, then when they started to give me a time for a PC to visit, the person couldn't hear me and eventually the line went dead.

The third time success...

Then two hours later the phone rang and it was the police replying to the message I'd left on the answerphone in the first place.

I think this could be only the second time I have had to come into contact with the police in my life. I don't mean this in a nasty way as I respect the police most of the time but I prefer to have as little contact as possible.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Broken window...what a pane!

Your last paragraph is interesting in that most people will go through their lives with no or very little contact. Unfortunately this has been changing for the worse over the years and not only is the contact going up but also the type of conatct and the 'feeling' after that contact.

22 June 2011 at 21:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Think I found the stone that hit the window earlier today as I put the wheelie bin out...

Anyhow its all been reported...now its down to how long they take to sort it out. I don't think it will be fast.

Still trying to arrange a visit for the tree survey, I phone and try to arrange an appointment, those in charge always seem to be out.

I know they haven't called back because no one has phoned here for days(even if its just a message saying)Number with heldf or we do not have the caller's number.

I was even told officially the survey is over...so its just tidying up loose ends...

There was a survey read out on the radio suggesting that people are supportive and respectful of our enforcers of the law but the figure go down after you suggest you have had contact of some sort.

23 June 2011 at 09:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Remarkably someone called and measured the window today.

23 June 2011 at 20:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home