My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ouch 2!

Did I say that I/we should be more careful?

That plan went out of the window...

Mum's had two falls which gave me a bit of scare but...

I had one too...

Don't ask how but I managed to sit on my chair at the computer and fall off. At the time I couldn't quite understand how or why it happened...

I managed to slow the fall down but twisted/hurt my back, the arm that helped slow me down was injured but has a massive bruise and in the last day or two my neck is hurting and possibly I banged my head on the bedroom wall.

I was trapped for around 20 minutes, trying to move when mobility is a problem and isn't good at the best of times but I was trapped between my bed, the chair and the desk the pc is sitting on and no matter what I did, could I free myself.

It was a bit of a nasty situation.

Oh well, I'll make certain it doesn't happen again.

As to my leg, it is healing up a lot better that I feared.

I sound such a wuss when I think of what others are doing be they as a professional soldier or working for the emergency services...or exploring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

not a wuss Gildy, everyone is differnet and if we all compared ourselves to 'the best' then in fact we're all wusses. I fell off my chair at work once but it was trying to stretch too far to pick up a pen/whatever and the wheels of the cahir shot sideways and crashed into a cabinet leaving me on my side, no worse for wear but two colleagues rushed in as it must have sounded liek a small bomb!

The trapped bit you mention - which I have been in but under other circumstances too - is worse, after realising you can't move/get out/get up the urge to panic is almost immediate.

4 June 2011 at 10:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home