My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ouch!

OK I disappeared again...

Well, apart from looking after Mum, I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself too.

Some months ago it may seem strange but I found myself sleeping on my bed without any covering sheets.

I haven't missed them nor have I felt the cold.

If anything a lack of bedclothes actually means I feel less restricted movement wise.

Also, I haven't strayed far from the house(not that I ever do)and again a lack of clothes is a reason this time...

Why?

Approx a week ago I managed to spill boiling hot water from a kettle over my left leg.

You can imagine how sore, red and blistered it's been.

As I look at it now, the red patch is reducing very slowly, the blisters haven't burst(thank heavens)and surprisingly the skin hasn't peeled.

But I have just noticed that the blisters have finally gone.

Now, all I can do is wait and see if I am left with any tell tale scars and/or how long it will be before hopefully it looks as it did before the accident.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

ouch indeed, I grimaced when I read it.

Did your mum scold you afterwards?


Not funny!

21 May 2011 at 23:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's ok Span ;-)

I was fortunate that it was my leg(skin may be a little thicker)and not another area of my body.

I tipped the kettle onto my bedroom carpet so what caused the scald was the water spreading out, I was actually quite quick getting it back onto the stand...

Note to self to be more careful.

If this seems bad, I was told by someone who sleepwalks, she tried to make a hot water bottle up whilst asleep and spilt boiling hot water onto herself and did require treatment...

Not forgetting the shock that would've caused too.

21 May 2011 at 23:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home