My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Census...

I had my form filled in virtually within a day or two of it arriving but I dislike some of the questions as I think I made clear in my earlier blog entry. Some questions are silly, some are intrusive and some you cannot answer properly as to do so you really could do with a box when you are able put more details to explain your answer but the format and reason for a census is for statistics and therefore to make it easier for a computer to scan or however the information is compiled they prefer/like questions that mainly require a tick to represent a yes/no answer.

£480Million for this survey...and they admit the information will be out of date very quickly.

I discovered that the National Health Service have an annual survey of their own where they take a certian amount of the population and ask about income, health, housing conditions and many other social concerns and as it is a yearly survey the statistics are more accurate and shows where money needs to be spent, it appears that survey and the money available for it is to be stopped.

I think given the two the survey compiled by/for the NHS is more valuable and less expensive.

And there is still confusion as to how the census for 2011 should be filled in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home