My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The King's Breakfast...

I read or heard over the past day or so that Marmalade is not as popular as it once was and that sales are down.

That people are preferring to have peanut butter, chocolate spread and other such items for breakfast.

It would be a pity to see Marmalade go totally out of fashion but then again is it more that people are rushing around everywhere especially if they have to go to work and so many are skipping breakfast altogether.

How often are we told that the traditional cooked breakfast is a rarity? Is that again because of time or because of all the recent health warnings?

In my own case I'd love a cooked Breakfast but as I can eat at any time I wish what would be a cooked breakfast might actually become a meal at lunchtime or in the evening at a time once when were were children known as teatime.

If you are brought up in a household where jam is your first choice of spread on toast that will be your preference.

As you'll know from an earlier post I have discovered Marmite and that has become a little more popular with me I'll admit.

If nothing else this story reminds me of a poem I was taught when a child which is a lot of fun. Though it is really about butter and not marmalade...

The Kings Breakfast

And speaking of food and my last post and my attempts at baking bread...there are so many recipes coming to light I think just about anyone could have a go and be surprised at how easy it is and the variety available...I have found a wholemeal soda bread that can be baked in...a casserole dish. How easy is that?

If I get around to trying it I'll let you know how I got on and link to the recipe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I don't get it much these days (marmalade that is...) but by coincidence at the very time you posted I was tucking into a late breakfast using the marmalade a friend makes for me (always stock up on certain things each trip back to UK. I love it, usually not so thick cut as some you find and now as it is rare for me it is even more of a treat.

20 January 2011 at 09:20  
Blogger Span Ows said...

P.S. I also love peanut butter but prefer that in the afternoon (also a rare treat these days)...a gooey PB sandwich is best with hot tea washed around the mouth after each bite...hmmmm.

20 January 2011 at 09:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home