My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse...









Normally from the front of my house the Sun and Moon can be seen without too much trouble all the year through and the only way it cannot is when the sky is cloudy.

After a lot of publicity in the media we were told that especially in the North of the UK we would witness a lunar eclipse from approx 6.20am this morning.

The sky was clear so I was ready.

Unfortunately, it took so long for the Earth to cast it's shadow that the moon managed to disappear behind three trees at the top of the street and by the time it cleared them it had dropped further down the skyline and the sun had brightened the sky so much the moon was virtually invisable so it was not as spectacular as it could've been.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Happy Christmas Gildy. I suspect you will be enjoying a white one.

24 December 2010 at 09:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Happy Christmas to you too Paul,
This has to be the most unorganised Christmas ever in this household.

Thanks for the card, much appreciated.

A card will be with you soon and a little extra package...promised ages ago...

24 December 2010 at 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home