My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

As we enter 2011 with an uncertain future ahead of us in the UK and many will suffer in a number of ways , it will be interesting if worrying times ahead.

But I wish you all a Happy and peaceful new year and hope that is so.

A very quiet time around here as New Year started. Most people seemed to have already gone to bed and this year fireworks seemed to have been forgotten about.

But I looked out of the window and thought that I was watching unusual fireworks floating in the wind and covering a lot of distance...I realise that I was watching my first Chinese Lanterns that I have heard so much about. Quite a few people seemed to have gone for them. I can also understand how some people have thought that they are looking at UFO's. They are like miniature hot air balloons.

I had a little drink with Mum to celebrate the New Year as it came in but as you can see whilst I am here posting this...Mum was in bed soon after Midnight...I won't be far behind.

We just had a late light evening meal and I christened some new saucepans that I purchased for the new cooker. What did we have? Salmon fishcakes, butternut squash and sweet potato mashed, broccoli and cauliflower followed by coffee and a slice of Christmas cake.

We're just fortunate that we are still here for another year and were in each other's company.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Best wishes Gildy! Hope all is well (as can be expected). I'll be back in "normal mode" next weekend.

1 January 2011 at 14:17  
Blogger Paul said...

Happy New Year Gildy - I hope you have a good one.

1 January 2011 at 17:43  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Belated Christmas Greetings and All the best to you both for the coming year...I wonder what will unfold?

More of the same I suspect...

4 January 2011 at 23:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home