My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Made Some Cupcakes...

And I can report they are the first cakes I have ever made and they were a success...Vanilla with soft butter icing sugar on top.

Yesterday, I made Lemon Drizzle Muffins...the best part was the Lemon Drizzle icing...the muffin was overbaked and a bit chewy but with a mouthful of coffee or tea acceptable. I am the only one eating them, Mum is not so keen.

I must learn how to cook certain items and not necessarily go by the recipe. It said cook for 30-35 minutes...I suspect I could've knocked that down to 20-25 minutes and I need to adapt to the oven I am using. Fan assisted ovens tend to cook more quickly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

...but fan assited also don't cook in the same way. Careful with what you cook. I know quick things (say a frozen pizza) they would burn the outside before the middle is cooked.

18 February 2011 at 22:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home