My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!



We had a reasonable snowfall last week which apart from a few snow flurries has remained much the same day after day. It just lay there and never really thawing out but roughly between 6am and 8am much more was dumped on my town. I am sure the outskirts are much worse as are other locations around the UK too. I know that other coutries will say that what we have had is nothing by comparison.



I know often the weather is only considered to be bad when snow reaches our capital city, London(and it is often not anything like what the North of England, Wales or Scotland is hit with annually...if I have missed out some areas...I'm sorry. You can only talk in general terms. But today the snow has continued to fall off and on...A little unsual but there have been a few large flashes of lightening lighting up the sky and this morning I did hear a very loud rumble of thunder. I now know this is not as rare as I thought and is called Thunder Snow.



As far as I know only one neighbour ventured out to work(he returned a few minutes ago) If anyone else walked to the main roads and caught public transport I haven't seen them.



I have only seen 4 people all day and that included the mailman who brought the first Christmas card for 2010.



Anyone taking any bets that we may have snow at Christmas?

Update:This last image was taken approx 22 hours later, I tried to capture how the snowflakes were dancing around a street lamp but that did not work but I got this instead...



Here's an attempt at a video clip...sorry I did not take it when the white stuff was really coming down...and my pan shot is so jerky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Good pictures Gildy, we haven't had any snow that has settled so far - must be the only part of the country! Hope you're keeping warm through the bad weather though.

30 November 2010 at 11:41  
Blogger Span Ows said...

crumbs, that's a lot of snow!

I agree nice pics

30 November 2010 at 18:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home