My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Does She Know Something That We Don't?

That Nurse has been very attendative and friendly before and after I visited Mum today and was more helpful regarding the meals and tonight even offered Mum an extra pillow for her bed...thanks...She's only been on the ward nine days.

Mum asked if she was improving...the answer was over the last day or two...

Mum has done nothing different since she first went into the hospital...nine days ago.

Mum asked when she may be going home...the answer was we don't know but later on something said by the Nurse actually gave away that Mum may be home by Wednesday because she is off duty for two days and when I said something about seeing Mum when she returns she said hopefully she would be home, so something must've been said. So here's hoping.

Then we'll see what happens next...regarding putting in a stair lift, changing some things in the house, care such a Nurse popping in to give injections to stop blood clots etc...

I tried to sort out Mum's tv again today even to get a refund...now you cannot even talk to an operator, I went into the corridor where the vending machines are to buy the cards for watching the tv system, they had freephone numbers on the machine...none of them worked!

Then I saw a leaflet with a customer care number where you can top up your credit, I rang that...they apologised and said they will send someone out tomorrow between 10am-2pm...really?

And we will get a refund on the card...terrific! The operator said probably they are waiting for a spare part...yeah right...I don't believe that... Not when 5 sets are not working...

Anyhow, we'll see if anything has changed when I see Mum tomorrow...Should I hold my breath?

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Not still holding your breath I hope!

12 October 2009 at 18:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh yes...I was turning blue now it's purple...

Perhaps Mum will be home in days so they can keep their tv...(I want a refund...£5 is £5)

12 October 2009 at 21:49  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Too right!

Glad to hear your mum may get home.

13 October 2009 at 23:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home