My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mum Has Survived Another Day But...

tomorrow I really think she will be in hospital and I don't know what the outcome will be...she was due to have her regular appointment with her Dr but she will not be able to attend the surgery and he will have to asked to visit on a house call but that's assuming he is down to do house calls tomorrow. We may end up seeing another Dr or she may go into hospital without seeing a Dr. and that will mean a ride in an ambulance again with paramedics.

If she can be made better I believe it will be a long and painful recovery and I suspect an operation may be required. I have to try and be positive(I have cried tonight though)but that probably did me some good...I'm not sure it helped Mum. She will if she does comes out of this a lot of strength and patience and it could take months...My Grandma broke a hip late in life and they got her through the operation and started to train her to walk with a Zimmer frame but the pain was so great she simply gave up.

If she comes through this she may be immobile and have to use a wheelchair...she may have to have carers coming in here and doing for her or possibly go into residential care(if that happens I hope it is temporary...even if it for months ahead)and she may hopefully still get home. I will happily install a stairlift and other aids for walking and getting around home but she is not able to rise off a seat or walk a few steps and she has to cling onto me otherwise she would fall to the ground.

If that wasn't enough and Mum is the important one here, I have my own medical condition to deal with which was improving or had stabilised but all this stress and worry may have knocked that progress back, I am still battered and bruised after my fall and I think the fall has aggravated a long term problem I have mentioned many posts back of my hernia...it was always bothersome but I could get it back in place with rest and a bit of care but it's not going back as it did and its quite large, uncomfortable and at times painful.

I and my Dr was trying to avoid any operations whilst dealing with my kidney problems(it's not good being knocked out on the operating table as a mistake can cause kidney failure)but it would be strange if we both end up in hospital practically at the same time and I am unable to visit Mum or be there for her but how long can I put off and I don't want to put myself in danger.

It is a worrying time.

Money does not matter people do...but if she has to go into care, her little amount of savings will be taken away and my income will drop so greatly I suspect my life will become very different and I may not even be able to afford to run a phone and/or the Internet and though my interests are not very expensive income will drop by quite a bit.

The future is very uncertain...

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

hi Gildy, sorry to read of your mothers woes. I hope it all turns out OK. I did try to post the other day (Sunday) but was unable to for some reason.

Best wishes

Dave O.

22 September 2009 at 22:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span...it isn't good I'm afraid...

23 September 2009 at 00:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home