My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting For News...

I phoned to discover that Mum had a reasonable night of rest but that she is down to be operated on today and so I was told to phone back later...

Well, I assume that she has given her consent and realises that if she wants to come home this is the only option.

I have had difficulty getting through and I now discover that the phone numbers in the phone directory are wrong and they were all changed in the last two weeks.

So for now no point going through as she may not be around for visiting hour this afternoon and perhaps not tonight either. I have been told to phone again and see who is on the list for having an operation today. In case things change.

I would have liked to be there and give her a cuddle, a kiss, hold her hand and give words of love, support and encouragement but I have asked for a message to be passed to her(I hope that has been done)and I will ask them to do so again when I phone later.

I've kept busy this morning doing some tasks, a bit of tidying up and washing that needed doing and will continue to do so but I think I shall have a little rest just for now.

I'll find out later if I can go through to see her later on...thinking I would be I had put up some sandwiches, a flask of coffee and a flask of soup but that will probably be eaten at home now...

Update:It all changed...I had the soup before going to hospital, I decided that I did not wish to carry so much around with me. You'll notice that I said I went through again so yes, the operation did not happen and so I saw her tonight and I managed to get a taxi in the afternoon so I still managed to be there for 40 minutes of visiting. So perhaps tomorrow...she is marked already with an arrow pointing to the spot.

I won't write about here but I went into the town centre for a quick look around and to get away from the hospital and purchased some CD's. Back at the hospital I had some egg and cress sandwiches and drank my bottle of water. And tonight I had a cup of tea and some chips in the hospital restaurant. The sandwiches were not purchased at the hospital I found that a klong established stationers had closed in the town centre and Tesco had opened one of their express outlets so whilst I was passing I popped in.

So tomorow we'll see what happens...If they don't operate until after afternoon visiting is over I will try and see her before she goes into theatre, if she's had it and they allow me to, even if she's out for the count I will go in the evening and sit with her and hope that she knows that I am there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home