My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Crime Hot Spot...

The other week I mentioned drug raids happening in two surrounding towns and villages and my own and not hearing anything...now one of those towns is mentioned again as coming in the top ten of a chart you really do not want to...It was originally known for it's association with the birth of the railways...

A credit screening agency has created a map of the worst areas for using stolen credit cards on the internet and whilst you expect certain areas to be included(big cities)and parts of the capital city of London...this small ex mining village is responsible for a quarter of all fraudulent purchases on the internet in the UK.

It's been explained that unfairly spome areas are getting a bad reputation but it is because criminals have moved into areas not known for crime because they hope it will not alert internet businesses and companies to these crimes because they are using a different post code not associated with credit card crime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

25%!!! I suspect that they have some way of diverting their virtual info and "projecting" it from an innocent spot. Criminals are wily but I doubt they'd be bothered to move each time they needed an clean patch.

7 September 2009 at 21:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home