My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

In The Midst Of Life...

Each day how close are we unknowingly to our demise. Usually just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Today, that was not the reason but it was a little frightening.

I was doing a very small shop and called into a shop for some sweets(of all things)I was not eating anything but I suddenly had a coughing fit and no matter what I did I could not stop. Worst of all, I was unable in between coughing draw breath.

Tears were streaming down my face, I could not speak either. Shop assistants nearby just looked...One customer came to my aid and at least asked if I was ok...and stayed with me and I eventually managed to get some air into my lungs and it took some doing.

So unexpected and scary but at least I am ok again...what a relief. And it is not always the big disasters and accidents that take us out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Northstar said...

That incident must have frightened you for a few minutes, Gildy. It's comforting that a customer came to your aid, if not the shop assistants. :(

I hope all is well in your home. :)

5 September 2009 at 22:50  
Blogger Span Ows said...

A lesson in that gildy...expect to have an audience if you croak in public!

"he didn't seem too bad"

"I thought he'd get over it"

"when it happened to me I coughed it up no trouble"

"when he went blue I tought he was cold"

etc...

7 September 2009 at 21:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

So true Span :-) It really did take some work getting air and it sounded that way too. I wonder how long it really was and how near I was to collapsing?

I was not timing myself...was it a spasm? Who knows!

7 September 2009 at 23:57  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Just be careful...and no gobstoppers!

9 September 2009 at 15:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home