My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

They're Coming To Take You Away...

Once...and it's dangerous to generalise...you'd be told or led to believe that drugs were taken by the down trodden of society and only the rough parts of large towns and cities had this problem.

We all know in history various substances have been taken by all parts of society and you'll find it as much a part of the life of the rich and famous and those who actually make the rules and regulations that society is expected to follow.

Some substances are a way for the ordinary person to get through the humdrum routine of life and it does little or no harm and other substances destroy families. Other substances are controlled or allowed but taxed. In many cases it's a grey area.

Well, I discover according to a local newspaper whilst I was fast asleep or taking it easy this morning ten police drugs raids took place in my own town and a neighbouring town and village. In fact one raid was in a street within walking distance of my home...and if I had not seen the report, I was none the wiser. I heard or saw nothing.

Which is a surprise considering whenever they are shown on the local television news there is lots of noise and usually front doors are smashed open. Again only two streets away there is a large police station and a court house.

The latest news suggests that they are drug dealers. The whole story will probably come out eventually.
It just shows you do not always know what is going on under your nose.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Under your nose? You didn't sniff out a problem? What a dope, clearly you need a dose of something to inject some enthusiasm into your observations

;-)

word verification: packarm

22 August 2009 at 14:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Very good Span :-)

As this goes on just about everywhere, I'm really sure I could say that it surprises me.

I wonder how big a problem it really is here.

It never made the local news on tv(as far as I know)and yet some cities and towns are mentioned...a day or so later North Shields was mentioned regarding similar raids.

22 August 2009 at 16:06  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I've been a few times in the local press (when i was in England) and my sister was in the Guardian yesterday (no joke)!

23 August 2009 at 18:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

As long as it was a good story :-)

23 August 2009 at 19:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home