My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Do It Yourself...

I've wasted an afternoon trying to transfer my mp3 music collection to that hard drive I bought when Mum was in Hospital last December...some will not copy to it and others if I copy too many at once are mixed up so I will have to do them one at a time. Isn't technology wonderful.

Update:I am giving it another try and will seemingly to have to transfer each track one at a time, now I don't know if I am imagining it but the music sounds better playing back from the new hard drive than the other drives I have the files stored on. I also do find that occasionally the drive decides to tell me that it is inaccessible or corrupt and that sometimes means annoying having to reformat it. But my computer repairman may have a solution to that when I call him in again to look at my system.

Meantime to anyone who saw earlier posts and know of the fence my neighbour was putting up and the concrete flagstones he was laying in a garden no larger than a postage stamp...today it became much worse...they have no garden to speak of and in that small space he has erected...a garden shed.

I have no problems with anyone having a shed but with little or no garden what on earth is he going to put in it.

I don't get it...

My friend Span on an earlier post suggested the fence may be to stop their dogs from escaping(possibly)but if this shed stays where it is, it will block the garden gate to the outside world and all the neighbour can see from the kitchen window is the side of this shed. The light will be less and there is barely any room if you come out of the backdoor. The shed is too large for the available space and yet it is quite a small shed. So there is less space for the dogs if they are allowed out of the house. They used to like watching people walking by, now all they see is a fence.

I do wonder what they can put inside the shed too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Are all the family still there? Could be they've buried one under the patio! Makes you wonder what they need a shed for, certainly not gardening implements!

;-)

10 June 2009 at 21:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Mum doesn't make many comments about what people do with their property but even she isn't impressed.

They could've had a few flowers in tubs/hanging baskets or a small bed of flowers. Kept the small picket fence they had. Plenty of ideas but they have done what they think is best.

I'm glad that our home doesn't face directly onto it. The shed was the finishing touch.

11 June 2009 at 00:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home