My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Too Many Sites...

Not enough time or money to afford to taste everything...

Long may I hope to always access the Internet and to savour one of my favourite past times of food but an article in a newspaper earlier today pointed it's readers in the direction of some food blogs and already there is so much wonderful food to be tasted and cooked. Some of the sites available are so good, they really deserve to read and be given publicity.

I give you some of the links here...if you decide to visit...enjoy!

Simply Recipes

The Crumbs And Dirty Dishes

101 Cookbooks

David Lebovitz

I had to pop out again later on and as I passed by a charity shop I don't usually go into to, I decided that I would and found a wonderful book in almost perfect condition, fully illustrated with images and lots of information with over 160 recipes for...smoothies and juices and the price? £1 Now that is a bargain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I don't like the sound of that david lebovitz recipe...spanakopita! If I eat it I peg it!

20 March 2009 at 21:45  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Hello again Gildy, I remeber you telling me a few weeks ago that you couldn't comment on my blog with the 'new' window thingy I put on. Is the problem that you can write the comment and add your name but the 'post' or 'prewview' buttons are not actually buttons you can press (although they are visble)?

If so the same thing happened to me this weekend on a sight that I have commented before but now all of a sudden I can't (although I have made no changes to ISP or browser etc)

btw, I'm working on a solution!

23 March 2009 at 10:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I planned to e-mail you again Span but as you've mentioned it...I'll try to leave a comment again soon...I have been able to write my text and press the appropriate button to publish but then it refuses to do so...

23 March 2009 at 17:00  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Have you selected the profile? Sometimes it won't let me unless I sign in! Also, I find that after telling me I can't publish that if I press the button again it publishes. The problem I mentioned on other sites has cleared itself up and I've no idea what it was, unless I hadn't filled in all the boxes (name, email, etc sometimes the buttons don't become active unless the boxes are all filled in)

24 March 2009 at 11:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home