My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chicken And Broccoli Bake!

Posted by Picasa


Well, it was going to be a variation on the usual Sunday evening meal and I wondered if I could find something a little different or that I had not attempted before. The search on the Internet came up with a recipe that I still adapted in my own way but really once you have the basics off you can do anything and even when and if you find a recipe anywhere it's probably an adaptation of someone else's.

I changed the ingredients around...adding some and avoiding others.

It is pointless giving exact measurements, it's something that you feel as you cook the dish...

It came out reasonably good.

So if you'd like to try it...here we go...

Half a can of chicken soup(I used mushroom and chicken soup)at the bottom of a foil tray or a casserole dish would do...

Boil some potatoes and when they are cooked slice them...

Boil some broccoli(I also added some cauliflower)

Put the cooked vegetables into the soup in the dish...

I cooked some chicken in a frying pan...when cooked enough add that to the soup...I also browned off some diced onion and added that too...

Then take the sliced potatoes and cover the vegetables and chicken...

Cover that with the remaining half of the soup and then sprinkle grated cheese on top of that.

Put it in the oven preheated at 180 degrees for approx thirty minutes...any longer it may become too dry but you can check and decide if it needs that little bit longer...the cheese tends to seal the dish so any possible liquid seeping out is soon stopped.

Take out and serve.

The photo isn't the best in the world but it gives you an idea what it looks like...there was enough for two people(possibly three)it also depends if you wish to do anything else and perhaps if you plan to have anything to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Sarah,
I've gone blank at present but I hope to post again soon and I hope I can find something of interest to say...

Thanks for popping by

Gildy

18 March 2009 at 12:18  
Blogger Span Ows said...

that looks delicious Gildy! sounds it too...

19 March 2009 at 20:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home