My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Has Spring Sprung?

Or is that wishful thinking? The last few days have been "quite nice." Warm and sunny which is good.

Here in the UK this weekend(Sunday) we have Mother's Day when we are to remember our mothers if we are fortunate to still have them around(and you have a close relationship)though you can argue that you should not need a special day designated by business, that you celebrate and acknowledge your Mum at various times throughout the year and without being prompted.

Then again, so what if we need a special day in the calendar as long as the person who gives is genuine with their love and good wishes(and not just doing it for the sake of it)

I would like to arrange perhaps a trip out if we were well enough but pottering around at home and being in each other's company is enough...I may try and think of something nice that I can perhaps cook so we have a nice meal...I could possibly open some bubbly or wine(We never managed to drink what I purchased for Christmas)Possibly, I can think of a dessert to have afterwards. Maybe I can make a cocktail or a fancy smoothie.

I've never really been one for buying flowers but you know what...I purchased some for Valentine's Day as a gesture and they were such good value and looked so nice...I thought I'll do it again and I brought some in with me after my hospital trip today for Mother's Day. And rather than wait until Sunday and waste some of the time they will be in bloom we have popped them in a vase and have them on show now!

I have been surprised with the help of some special feed supplied with the flowers how long they can last.

So we'll see what happens...

As I have mentioned being at the hospital...I saw yet another Dr...and I was told that the damage long term use of the drugs that I am on can cause(I already know that...diabetes, cancer and bone thinning amongst other things)so they are trying to reduce their use again...but its a long job and very hit and miss...the only good thing is that they are attempting to so I have had the steroids reduced by 2.5mg and unless something unexpected happens I have been allowed an extra couple of weeks between hospital appointments so instead of returning in 4 weeks I will be going back in 6 weeks. So that's at the end of April. It seems ages away but it will come around all too soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

It has been nice here for a fe wdays now, a bit cool in the mornings but clear sunny days...I do believe you may be right: spring has sprung...

19 March 2009 at 20:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home