My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Meat And Two Veg...

Well, not necessarily but traditionally British meals have been seen as being a combination of such. There are many recipes but really unless you are doing something really unusual and fancy whether you cook fish or meat, have gravy , a sauce or not, a variety of vegetables or are perhaps a vegetarian...once you have the basics off regarding how long you should cook something for, cooking is really simple.

I decided that it was time to attempt eating some lamb that was in the freezer and I wanted to use it up so it was not thrown out and equally it to be tender and easy to eat. I looked up all kinds of recipes but in the end just "Did my own thing!"

So last night I had this time a ready made casserole sauce, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts and turnip.

How easy was it to make a tasty meal?

I cubed and took some of the grizzle out of neck fillet, shallow fried it in olive oil until it was browned. Stuck the pieces into the casserole mix...put it in the oven for an hour.

Put the potatoes into the oven for approx half that time...

Approx 8 minutes before taking everything out of the oven, simmered the vegetables on the stove...

Served everything up and it was superb.

It has been an age since when having a casserole or mince that I have had Dumplings...to some extent this could be because anything containing fat is seen as not a good diet choice but I found today in the freezer shop in town Dumplings by Aunt Bessie's and they are lower tan most in fat content and they arre using vegetable suet. So I bought a packet to use later and if I can learn how to(and get the ingredients)I'll have a go at making some in the future but when they are so easy to buy and done for you, that is an easy option.

The more that I watch the following...Bake! Some of these recipes are worth a look at and are so easy...the series offers more than just someone in the studio cooking.

And although I have proper kitchenware...I have recently been using the metal trays that some prepared meals have been packaged in from the supermarket and they have been as good as any bought glassware so I am also doing my own recycling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home