My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What A Letter Can Do...

I live in a reasonably nice area of my town. Residents usually only leave in a wooden box so most of us have known each other for years. But in recent times we have had some problems with people who walk their dogs...only a few who refuse to pick up after their pet and usually walk them very late at night or early in the morning. If you are not watching because many people are working they are not seen committing the offence. Lately, without going in graphic detail it has been left by a large dog/dogs.

Its been difficult but I have been out there swilling it away with hot water and disinfectant. So a few weeks ago in our local town's free sheet someone had complained that they and their grandchildren had managed to get it over their shoes and into a car. The letter mentiond my street and warned that the area was being watched and what fine they could expect(the letter ended name and address supplied)

The power of the written word...so far ever since...no further problems. A couple of days previously up on returning from a shopping trip to the local supermarket I mentioned this to a taxi driver bringing me home as between me going out and returning this had happened outside my home(maybe this was the incident mentioned in the letter)so that taxi driver probably thinks I was the one who wrote that letter...but it wasn't!

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

One of my pet hates...forgive the pun! The best cure is that of Jim Carey in 'Me Myself and Irene' when he goes and craps in the garden of the dog owner.

It really is a disgusting thing and the owners should have their faces rubbed in it - literally: hard medicine!

25 January 2009 at 20:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It's natural and you cannot blame the animal but since the rule is there, it has to be done...what must get thrown out with the refuse collection after all most streets around towns do not have bins at the end of them, usually it's only parks and similar areas.

The same most be true of getting rid of any pet's by product(cat litter)and the cleaning out of cages for rabbits, gerbils, hamsters or whatever. ;-)

The latter p[robably is pretty environmentally friendly being that they tend to eat grass, lettuce etc...

Chances are this particular person has just gone on another route and they will be having the problem. For now, we are not getting it and the few dog walkers that remain are responsible.

As I took a back way to the ASDA supermarket as I came out of the hospital the other day, I went past old houses that look like the kind seen in the tv series Coronation Street and as people had their bins out waiting to be collected, on the path every so often a calling card had been left behind.

And in the same area many of the shops facing this area have 24/7 CCTV. Even that does not deter people from this discusting trait, I suppose there is probably some ruling that stops any images being used to catch those responsible. Especially as the cameras belong to the shops and are there mainly to stop robberies.

25 January 2009 at 23:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home