My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Wouldn't Make A Habit Of It But...

I have found that if I have a cocktail late in the evening...I have a lovely sleep when I go to bed so maybe there is something about having what is often called a "night cap!" Had I not been interrupted I had already managed to sleep for about 4 hours.

I tried a cocktail called a Top Banana. The amounts I give you fills a Hi- Ball Glass and the ingredients I am about to mention are considered to be one of the lowest regarding alcohol content and one considered worth trying if you are a novice at making cocktails.

1 Shot of Vodka
1 Shot of Peach Schnapps
2 Shots of Milk
A medium sized Banana
Some Ice

Blend for 10 seconds at low speed and then 10-30 seconds at hi speed and serve up...

I found it gave a warm after feeling in the throat and chest, you may find that you like it better after the initial first taste. I did...and would consider having it again...Mum tried it and wasn't keen so I gave her a banana milk shake with no alcohol :-) She liked that! And really that what Top Banana is...a milk shake with added booze...

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Sounds disgustingly delicious...maybe swap the milk for cream/icecream.

Plus with the banana it makes a decent snack so no need for a big dinner so you sleep soundly! I find I'm the same after 10 pints...(not anymore!)

25 January 2009 at 20:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span LOL!
That's a good point regarding substituting other ingredients...and equally though it's good to still eat solid food...what you can pack into a drink! As you suggest it can be a snack.

Really you are doing only what those companies that make expensive diet suppliments are doing. And it is so easy.

25 January 2009 at 21:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

And it was pointed out to me that this weekend the Observer newspaper was promoting making cocktails at home so maybe it's becoming fashionable again(was it ever out of fashion?)

I would post a link here but you have to sign up to the website...

25 January 2009 at 21:18  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Here you are: Copy this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/jan/25/cocktails-home

or click HERE

26 January 2009 at 12:36  
Blogger Paul said...

I was given a bottle of schnapps for Christmas and didn't know what to do with it - thanks Gildy!

27 January 2009 at 17:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home