My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What A Lazy Day...

Well, not really...but I could understand someone thinking that...

I went to bed around Midnight last evening, fell asleep and since then I have practically been out for the count apart from managing to drag myself out of bed for a small meal and a little bit of time on here I just do not seem to be able to wake up at all...hopefully tomorrow I'll be more with it.

I do not spend much time on here, I can't remain comfortable for too long as I once did. Tasks are more where I set something away and leave the 'puter doing its own thing.

I'm resting and doing no one any harm.

I've had to rest for another reason, I think I have pulled or strained a ligament in my leg so have had to rub in Movelat Gel to ease it. If I manage to get down to do anything, you have never seen such a carry on to try and get back up on my feet. The pain is excruciating and if I could not use my arms to support my body I'm not sure I could even get up. Whilst doing so I really know that I have done something.

So it's a time for doing as little as possible...I couldn't even if I wanted to. And maybe it's just me but with an electric fan going at full power and a window open it is so hot.

If this is anything like that injury footballers and athlete's suffer from when it is mentioned in the media I can fully understand why they have to stop training or playing their sports for weeks/months.

I have to keep some of my identity secret(Otherwise I'd post it)but I have an image of how I was in healthier times and one I took only a few weeks ago...allowing for my getting older, the difference between the two images are frightening. What the condition/treatment has done. No one would ask to be like this deliberately.

If/when the steroids are reduced and go back to something reasonably normal in appearance I can understand people thinking you are OK but no one knows what is going on inside and how quickly the condition can and will flare up. How the condition can affect you and equally the effects of the drugs that are supposed to control or cure the condition.

Thankfully, my mental attitude remains positive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Your last comment is excellent and crucial: what you think matters far more than you really think (well I guess you actually do know!)

hang in there..don't worry about the pictures, I've only ever posted one despite Mags asking for something clearer on several occasions!! I think the main difference in my 'before and after' photos would be less hair (not so may curls!) and about 20kilos of stomach!...

Bloody hell: Blogger is taking the piss this afternoon, I've just posted a couple of comments on Gavin's blog nad mentioned how the word verification letters were incredibly pertinent to the post/comment and now here it's fatywhy!!!!!

27 July 2008 at 18:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh so true Span,

Besides...who am I going to be parading in front of? ;-)

I think that just possibly(even though I have not been told to take less medication this time)and the Blood Presure one was increased, I could be seeing the face reducing in size slightly and more moveable rather than the skin being stiff.

As for the Beetroot Juice...well it comes down to moderation and variety again...I found an article where someone asked about it's properties to lower blood pressure and you'd have to drink so much of it or eat 5lbs of the real stuff to get any real benefit but as a whole when taken with fruit and other vegetables in the diet, the goodness all adds up.

I'll post a link to the new article. It also mentions salt.

There's another good article about possibly drinking too much water and that coffee and tea may not be as bad as we've been led to believe. Also it is forgotten that we take moisture out of the food we eat so even when we are not drinking, we are still taking in liquid.

29 July 2008 at 00:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home