My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Listen To The Music...

So The Doobie Brothers said...

And I've been doing that for decades. Just about anything goes and I'll try most genres of music. But I have to say that I am discovering as much music of the past as I am what's being produced now.

I find myself wondering what I have missed all these years. I keep hearing new songs that are anything but and cover versions of originals or originals which I thought the covers were the originals.

Sadly, I'll never be around or have the money to hear all this fabulous material or own it and acquire it for my personal collection.

But I am also finding out that many of the bands I listened to as I grew up had line-ups that were so inter changeable it's only when you start to dig around the Internet, books, magazines and listen to the documentaries that are now starting to air on radio, you realise how certain performers and artists have always been there and part of your life. And how many of them are still there performing in some way and often sounding as good, well into their dotage.

Equally, thanks to a "Live" session that aired on BBC6 Music at 4am(of all times)yesterday I heard The Steve Miller Band and remembered how back in the 70's I enjoyed quite a lot of that band's music. And I suddenly thought in all this time I have never ever seen what Steve Miller looks like or know anything about him.

He has an official website full of images and information and is still performing, being recognised as part of the music business and being given awards. And from the images alone I get the impression, he really enjoys performing and he has open face suggesting that he's a nice guy. I guess he has nothing left to prove.

I welcome access to all this information on all the bands and performers that I can view and find out answers to questions or see information I did not know of. I will dip my toe into it occasionally but to avoid becoming an anorak, I am going to take the advice of the Doobies and "Listen To The Music" that's what matters and speaks volumes and I could never hope to remember half of what I am reading, I would suffer from information overload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home