My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Possible Benefits Of Green Tea...


Blog entry should follow...That's the plan(If I can remember what I was going to say)Meantime...Here's the Article...Click On The Link.

If nothing else I'll tell you what I think of the taste but before drinking it...I imagine it will probably have a very mild or non-existent flavour and only be drunk for it's health giving properties.

Update:What can I tell you? I have drunk my first mug of Green Tea(No milk or sugar added)Not unpleasant, no particular flavour detected to speak of but perhaps that's me(I don't have a strong sense of smell)and they say the sense of smell affects how you taste your food and wines.

I think I can detect enough of something there, that makes it taste more than just boiled water. I am happy to continue with the experiment. I can say that I did not miss adding milk to the tea.

I also have a second variety to hand now...with added Lemon...now at 47p for 25 tea bags and up to two pints possible from one tea bag isn't that value for money?

Green Tea

And since the above this story has been issued for what it's worth...

Black Tea

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Is the decaf for a reason? I would try normal green tea from any chinese shop; most towns have one these days, or red tea. My ex has drunk it for years and has always tried to convert me, I can handle it at night but not in the morning or during the say (prefer sweet milky tea...and these days it's nearly always coffee for me)

5 July 2008 at 22:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What you say Span sounds much like me of late...I was amazed at the range availble and combination. Remarkably the above only cost me 71p.

Funnily enough, I was thinking when I have a drink in the night, I may use the Green Tea then when it might have the greatest effect.

Decaf? Well, I know it's been said that cutting down on caffeine is a good idea at any time. They do a Green Tea on it's own, with Lemon, Jasmine, one which combines ordinary and Green, Earl Grey and so on...

My verdict, I'll decide after a few days...since mentioning it on our forum it appears quite a few people drink it. And that's without this new report.

I have to admit, I did not readily think that Tetley would be into speciality teas, you do tend to think of Twinnings but sometimes it's a name thing.

And you know whilst sometimes a teabag around here is thrown out after just making one cup of tea, I am again amazed at just how much tea of reasonable strength you can get out of one teabag. Seriously, I can usually manage at least 2 litres of liquid.

And I do tend to make up a few flasks during the day to avoid always having to keep putting the kettle on or I can reuse the bags.

I can make coffee go quite a long way too and of late I have stopped using my usual brand having used one that is not well known and also a supermarket own brand and found the flavour as good.

I don't think it's a case of being a miser.

Then again, perhaps it does...

I'm sure you've seen old comedy shows where you see an office and they have tea bags hanging on something that looks like a washing line waiting to be used again ;-)

6 July 2008 at 07:42  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I always use the teabags I buy in England twice (Tetley etc) because I don't like strong tea; the Liptons or Twinnings I can get here are perfect for the weaker tea buff. Funnily enough I can now get Tetleys here plus a few other infusions.

7 July 2008 at 08:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home