My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm Cautious...

About many things and do all I can not to be taken in by hype that can turn out to be untrue but...the following appears in the Daily Telegraph newspaper today and I suspect as a National Paper it will be careful to promote or advise readers to partake in anything that could be dodgy.

Therefore, as I have a medical condition that means I have a very high cholesterol reading of 11. something or other and I try to eat healthily to reduce this(plus take a daily blood pressure tablet)I am seriously thinking of ordering some of this product. I hope my local supermarket may consider stocking it because otherwise it would mean a taxi ride(adding £20 to any I buy)and a round trip of 14 miles.

The only good news is that I can order online direct from the manufacturer but the minimum I can order including delivery is 12 bottles at a cost of £31. That seems a lot of money to part with but broken down I suppose we're talking approx £2.50 a bottle. Then it does not seem quite so bad. I know it's not really the case but ordering direct, avoiding the taxi fare almost makes it look as though I am actually only paying £7 for the juice. Of course I have not decided that I will order. And if Beetroot is so good maybe buying some and eating it, any should be beneficial(and cheaper too)

Should I do so...I will of course let you know and...review it. As for whether I feel any benefit, that can only be known by having tests done by the medical profession who can then tell me if I can stop "taking the tablets!"

HeartBeet

James White Drinks

I have no connection with any of the above and I am not saying that you should purchase any of these items but I found it interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Gildy, is that cholesterol reading right?...or what scale are you on? I ask because my cholesterol is 'normal' and is 200mg/dl which falls bang smack in the 'normal' range (130 - 220) The other method is millimoles/litre (molecular weight instead of grams etc)

To convert mmol/l of glucose to mg/dl, multiply by 18 or vice versa: i.e. convert mg/dl of glucose to mmol/l, divide by 18...

...so my reading would be dah dah darrrr...11

So your mg reading would be 198 which is not low but well within the 'normal/good' range. Rather than cause a kafuffle I would just siggest you mention it to the doc next time you see him.

11 July 2008 at 10:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home