My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Midnight Snacks...

Posted by Picasa


For a long time I have taken a flask of tea and some toast to bed so if I am hungry or thirsty through the night or need upon waking something on my stomach to before taking my medication I can save going downstairs and having to start preparing breakfast or a drink.

Now, I have a mini-feast lined up...

I take boiled water upstairs in a jug and a flask. And I can make up tea or coffee using powdered milk. I have toast but also a bowl sometimes ready to put cereal in and fresh fruit. Some Brandy to add to my coffee. Depending on how I feel, I may switch to Porridge instead if in the morning and/or change from toast to a Bacon Buttie as a treat. My choice of fruit with my cereal or Porridge could be Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries or Banana.

Sometimes I mix my cereals...At present I have returned to one I used to eat ages ago Fruit 'N' Fibre and value wise for the minute it's worth doing so because the local supermarket has halved the price so I can have it cheaper or spend the same and have two boxes. (The others being Special K and Alpen/Bran Flakes.)

Some of this has to be prepared in the morning as it has to remain fresh in the fridge(such as the milk)but it makes things easier and quicker.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Blimey! I like your style! :-)

24 June 2008 at 22:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There is an element of laziness there too...after all it saves popping up and downstairs.

I have access to my radio and pc in my bedroom so it's almost like being a hermit in a cave :-)

In a way you can almost say it's like being in a bedsit.

I have an auntie, you enter her property at ground level via a flight of stairs but then everything is on one level so to go to the kitchen in the night is easy.

You know, I'm tending to leave a flask/jug of water or tea/coffee ready at all times. It saves boiling kettles up all the time too.

It takes me back some 25 years when I had to work and stay at home sometimes when Mum and Dad were able to go away on holiday and I'd maybe come home at the weekend and all that I needed was here.

You could climb into bed if it was cold and be lovely and cosy.

Back then of course we had no computers so we had less contact with the outside world.

24 June 2008 at 23:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home