My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 09, 2008

It Must Be Summer...

Posted by Picasa

As I have actually spent some money on clothes.

I haven't spent much but I'm happy. I now have some shorts to wear around the house. At present I need room to manage my increase in size and to put things right at short notice so the shorts will allow for this and look a bit more fashionable. And the short sleeved shirts whilst colourful will be a little more roomy than a T-shirt. Also, I can avoid having to pull a T-shirt over a large head.

How much did all this cost? Well, if they only last a short while I'll have got my money's worth out of them. Buying two shirts meant a reduction in price, so everything came in at £16($23:80 US)

And I may part with more cash before I am finished. I may go for some T-Shirts next time but that have the open neck(or have the three buttons)so the opening is larger, something in the style of a Rugby top(but with more colour and design printed up on them)

The image above has suddenly brought home that over the years I have worn most colours but I have rarely had anything in green or a checked design. Usually, it's been plain or stripes. I cannot think of a reason why that is so.

It's not designer gear but it's good enough for me.

Update:I have finished my little shopping spree...and now have another five(yes, five short sleeve shirts)some I found at the local supermarket and they had reduced some items from £15 to £5 and you could feel the quality. I found something a bit like a kaftan(but I'm not turning into a hippy just yet)and I found two T-shirts with a wide opening at the top. So they'll last me for quite sometime. I'm enjoying the extra room and being of cotton type fabric, I feel much cooler.

So that's ten items in total coming in at around £67. By today's standards that's pretty good value.

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I suggest a faded pale yellow/orange or red T shirt/vest to go with those shorts set off with a pair of worn deck shoes/espadrilles.

10 June 2008 at 11:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds a good choice Span...I should invest in some new casual shoes.

There were some T-Shirts/Vests with such colours...I'll see what I can find.

Sometimes some of us need help...

I have explained on our forum I have purchased some shoes for Mum from a place on the net and they were so well priced and comfortable(Italian made)we're ordering another pair and the same place has lots of shoes for men too so I may have a looka round there and see what I can find.

10 June 2008 at 15:00  
Blogger Curmy said...

Very stylish Gildy !

13 June 2008 at 23:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Curmy :-)
I'm tempted to put an image up of the remainder just to complete this entry.

The truth is, my wardrobe choice has reduced greatly over the months and I have been rotating the same few garments.

I said to Mum when she said had I purchase a few too many, How can I be robbed at such low prices?

Also, having a few to choose from means I can avoid having to do more washing than necessary and I can work my way through a few more items rather than sticking to the same two or three items.

We still handwash here, we still do not use a washing machine. I'm sure that will surprise a few people but we just put a few items through when required.

I'm sure if we were a family a washing machine is a must.

14 June 2008 at 00:50  
Blogger Curmy said...

Well Gildy I think we should have a few fashion shots of you wearing them !

14 June 2008 at 12:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home