My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 06, 2008

I Love Food Part 2

I don't think I'm eating more food than I have in the past and put my weight increase down to the effects of the Steroids. Can I eat less? Perhaps, but all the lovely food in the fridge/freezer has to be eaten. I only eat what is said to be a healthy variety, I have to admit that yesterday, I have been let down by the local supermarket in that whilst I was able to purchase plenty of salad items and some items were half price as part of some promotion that is running, fruit such as Strawberries, Blueberries and the like were missing so the only fruit I can add to my breakfast is a Banana. So I may have to consider adding some tinned fruit at some point.

I have put some weight on since I saw the consultant in May(I reckon 5lbs)and I see him again in 10 days so I wonder if I can shift that before I see him again. I seem to remember when I first took ill all those years ago and was on the same treatment my weight was considerably more than I weigh now. And again, we decided it was the medication.

I cannot fasten my trousers always and annoyingly yesterday(I had managed to)as I got in the taxi I felt them open suddenly as I say down and I thought I'll refasten them as I got out of the taxi...except I have discovered that the eye on the top of them that hooks into the other side has pulled off so if I could fasten them again unless I can find a spare eye on an old pair that I can use and I lose the extra inch or so they will always remain open but that is hidden so they can still be used.

Maybe it is time to invest in a larger sized pair of trousers at last, I've said that I would often enough. Thankfully, they are not terrifically expensive, If I am fortunate the last few only came in at around £6-£8 for a pair and I was able to shorten the leg length myself and save the extra cost of alterations which can work out so expensive the trousers are then overpriced. I cannot sew so don't expect I am a capable, I cheat, I use a kind of tape that when you put a warm iron over it if it's placed in a hem, it joins the two pieces of cloth together and they adhere to each other.

Now it's nearly lunchtime so forgive me if I think about preparing it. What am eating? Some salad on an open wholemeal bun. Not large one's and only the one. So I cannot do any less than that can I?

Update:I split a Soda Farl(under the brand name of Paul Rankin, a popular Irish Chef)the first time I have tried one(I think it's known as Soda Bread)gave half to Mum and I had the other half. She avoided some of the toppings I had.

Toasted it...and on my half I had..Lettuce, Tomato, Spring Onion, Celery, Egg, Cucumber and Prawns with a very small amount of Reduced Hellman's Mayonnaise and three small slices of a small Melton Mowbrey Pork Pie. And seriously if you looked at what was on my plate it was not a large portion. And there are not many calories in salad items. And since Lunchtime and afterwards I have not had anything else. No cakes and no biscuits.

Tonight...I think we'll make Potato Patties out of the Mashed Potato I have remaining from yesterday, add some Peas for the vegetable and some Quiche'. So still eating simple and reasonably healthy.

I found a blog of recipes on the net(I'm sure there are many more)but as I posted the link elsewhere...I'll do so here.

The dishes are simple(I'm unsure anyone will go to the trouble of presenting them as seen)but I don't think though the fare is good, they are very expensive. They are certainly adaptable so if you get the chance...enjoy. Otherwise, like I often do, you can go back to the old faithfuls like Beans on Toast but get pleasure imagining how these dishes taste and looking at the pictures.

Paul Heathcote

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home