My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Quiet Day...

I needed lots of rest.

The taxi arrived too early to take me to the Dr's surgery for my blood test but was prepared to wait(just as well as I was in the process of having a shave)and had a few other things to do.

The test went ahead on time(we await the results on Thursday at the Hospital)

I had to shop and that was done very quickly because everything was available in one place and I managed to bring something in with me for Lunch to save having to prepare a meal myself. Because of the cost and not being in the town centre too often, such treats are rare. What did I buy? A large soft roll full of egg mayonnaise, tomato relish and bacon...yummy! Of course, it was shared between two once back at home.

Bad day hernia wise but hey that has meant doing as little as possible. I tried to correct myself discreetly as I left the Dr's surgery and a well meaning soul asked if I needed help(so I had to explain)and she said her Father had similar problems. Usually, I'm quite good at hiding what I'm up to. I can accept it if it's playing up but when you are in agony, something has to be done. Just in case leaving it is harming you further.

I have been at my most comfortable through the evening...and again, I think walking around causes more water to go the groin area and therefore you are trying to reposition yourself against the pressure. As that is lost, things can get a little easier. But it takes time. We're talking hours.

It's great if you can manage it without prodding and pushing with your fingers as that makes you feel very sore, if lucky you can move into various positions and let it sort itself out.
That does not always work.

Remarkably, by chance I found an article in the Daily Mail newspaper related to my condition(and in the general sense)and it suggests that as many people as possible should and could have a simple test that could save their lives and/or stop them getting the condition in the first place. It's worth a look.

If only to consider for your own well being...

Update:Things are continuing positively and the strong drugs I am on appear to be doing their magic, the words my consultant used when checking the results today was that "We're Winning!"

I have to be seen in a fortnight to see how things are but I have been allowed to reduce my steroids by 10mg. However, it will be a long process, even if things continue to improve. Mum mentioned that so far I have seemingly avoided having a really large moon face as happened when on the original treatment over the past decade.

He said hopefully that will not happen but with steroids...it still could. So I guess we'll see how things are in 14 days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Curmy said...

Gildy, the very best of luck at the Hospital tomorrow.
( Hugs )

9 April 2008 at 21:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Curmy,
If I can manage to hear things are still improving but avoid to much discomfort regarding the other problem I'll be happy. If the pain starts, I sometimes feel like shouting out as you wonder at what point its going to stop.

Unfortunately, sitting in a taxi(which is reasonably low can affect matters)and if the pain sets in that can be a problem as I assume something is being nipped and I worry I'm cutting off my circulation. And that's not good.

At least things have been good overnight.

10 April 2008 at 08:53  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Good that you're winning! (thumbs-up smiley)

11 April 2008 at 13:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home