My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Back Off My Hols...

I will give a little report soon(images will be posted too)

I decided having watched a little TV in the Hotel bedroom at night to set up the TV's I purchased a couple of years ago but I had left in their boxes but my TV aerial is pointing at the wrong transmitter so I am not getting the full range of channels available and I still may need a new one that increases the signal. Many of the stations I am missing I can still view via my satellite system but not all as via the satellite some you have to pay to view but on the other system they are free. Crazy I know...

The second TV is getting no signal upstairs and I'm not even sure the remote control is the right one for the TV so I may have to invest in a universal remote and see if an engineer can get a signal to the second set...even its just relaying the signal from the set up downstairs.

Sometimes I wonder why I am bothering because I find many of the channels poor in what they offer...the religious channels of which there are many are scary and not how I know my faith...the music channels are similar and just noise(my opinion)we're not offered a choice of music genres, there's lots of shopping channels offering expensive goods or items you really don't need and quite a few channels not in English so I will probably stick to only a few.

There was a song that came out many years ago saying something like "100 channels and nothing on!" So much of what we now are offered seems to be trivial and produced on the cheap. And much of the material is repeated over and over again.

But now they are out of their boxes I may as well have them working.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bought several TVs "years ago" and left them sitting in boxes?

What a waste of money.

12 August 2014 at 17:19  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

No...they were not a waste of money...they were bargains pricewise and we were still going through the switchover to digital...also plans were afoot as they are now for decorating the house and alterations.

One is for use with a PC(the original monitor was playing up) and now monitors are rectangle not square.

And ditto regarding the main TV and neither you'll be glad to know are the monsters that are often criticised. But I'm not really sure why I am justifying myself...at least I published your comment.

13 August 2014 at 00:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home