My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sunday Morning...

I'm rested...reasonably positive, calm and happy. Overnight I was playing games on Facebook, posting on Twitter. I listened to the radio...I rarely use bad language but I found myself shaking my head with disbelief. Around 3.30am BBC Radio 5(a national UK station)was carrying a comedy routine from the US President for a dinner held annual for the Washington correspondents. I suppose it was delivered ok and well written but one joke used a mild swear word about "Pissing" someone off.

At that early hour its a fair bet the listeners were mainly adult. And you'll hear stronger language in many films or drama's broadcast but the presenter sitting in the studio in England actually cut into the speech to apologise for what the President said. Then he added he thought it means something different in the States to hear. How naive. It means exactly the same. How delicate does he think we who listen to current affairs and use social media networks think we are?

I had some bacon sandwiches(not as difficult or time consuming as they could've been)the bacon was already cooked. It was purchased that way, it was reduced in price in the supermarket so how easy is that?

I'm relaxing, laid in bed, listening to the radio and getting ready for the omnibus edition of the long running Archers drama series, I may have some fruit and cereal later. Just have to get shaved and dressed around 1pm and then around 2pm we head off to see a steam locomotive in action passing by and stopping off for a water stop.

Then home until tonight.

You are suddenly given a jolt and realise how quickly time passes by...they were doing a little feature on the radio about the Eurovision Song Contest...it is 40 years since Abba sang and won the contest. I was 15 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home