My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, May 19, 2014

A New Week...

An you never know what each will bring...even if not exactly exciting...

I'm going to pay a month's rent/water rates...

If my pin number arrives for a debit card I had replaced after misplacing it, I will withdraw a sum which was refunded by my housing asociation that I received a few weeks ago, it will not happen again and will be spent within weeks paying bills but any rebate is always welcome.

This afternoon I am at the afternoon bingo session, the prizes are really, really small and even if if you win a few houses you only get your money back. You are just moving the same money around.

Then when I come home a neighbour has offered to cut my hedge and I feel I should give something for his kindness, I would pay cash but he says a few beers will do so even if I buy half a dozen or so because it takes quite some time to grow again, even if initially it costs a little bit over the weeks I have the better deal and it means I have more money to afford for my back garden to be tidied up.

I may have a meal before I go out this evening, I can have a salad or use up one of my meals that are in containers from the slow cooker and I'm thinking I may put the stew into a couple of Yorkshire puddings...being quite warm it may seem inappropriate but they are not big portions and I'll eat anything in any weather.

Indoors at this time it is already 22c(72f)Then no later than around 6.15pm I will have to catch a bus through to the neighbouring town and head for a theatre show of musical songs from the songbook of  Rodgers and Hammerstein so I assume we'll hear songs from The Sound of Music, South Pacific, The King And I, Oklahoma, Carousel, State Fair. It will be interesting to see what is left out of the selection.

Also how many songs are sung as individual numbers or as a medley. I believe they are professional singers(not the local operatic society)and a fair orchestra backing them*. I hope the theatre is reasonably full as it adds to the atmosphere. Of late sometimes it is...sometimes it isn't.

If my hedge was not being cut and the bingo was not this afternoon I would have gone onto Durham city and spent the day perhaps down by the river, collected the tickets for the show in September and then caught a bus to the theatre tonight but that's not practical so if northing stops me and the weather is nice, perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. And come back in time for the Music Club on my town.

I'm thinking as I am awake of going to buy the beer/cider now for my neighbour and I'll come home and get shaved and tidied up so I have little to do later in the afternoon.

Update:I went to Durham this morning and had the tickets by 10.15am. At lunchtime I was back in my home town and had the beers. I used a voucher so it was like getting them for nothing.

After bingo this afternoon I popped back to see if all the chicken breasts had been reduced further...you could not move for them at lunchtime but they had only been reduced by from £4 to £3. There were none remaining. So that meant that they had sold at that price or had been reduced further.

Then out the corner of my eye I saw that they were being reduced again so I waited and they were now half price £2. Two breasts in a container so that's £1 each. However, as they had originally been on offer when at full price if you purchased two containers, they still honoured that so in the end, they came out at £1.50 for two breasts(75p each so instead of paying £8 for four breasts they were £3, a saving of  £5. Its knowing when to stop on such bargains...

*It was a seven piece ensemble taken from a larger audience and one of the male singers I had seen at a previous concert for the Proms. We had a narrator of the story of the composers with both historical and anecdotal tales of their careers. He also sang with the remaining singers(in total they also numbered  seven)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home