My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Some Images Of Durham Cathedral Yesterday...

An interior shot of Durham Cathedral.

I believe that Durham Cathedral dates all the way back to 1018 and the time we were ruled by the Normans...I have been looking as to whether I can attend a service or two in the future and again depending on Public transport is a problem. However, the good news is that there are some later services between Mon-Fri and other church events at weekends. What once was known as Evensong takes place quite early too so perhaps something I can do occasionally in the New Year.

Some basic but important parts of daily still depends on transport these days. Even in my own town I am fortunate to be so close to the church that I attend but if I wanted to attend the church where Mum's funeral took place, no bus runs to catch the early service on a Sunday and its a fair walk. And the taxis there and back would work out at around £10 and we're talking long ride. Less than five minutes and a direct route.
 
A time piece in Durham Cathedral.
 
A Magnificent Clock in Durham Cathedral(Depending on the setting of your monitor this could be very dark, I will try and do better another time or see if I can mess about with the image with some computer software)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home