My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 06, 2013

No Joy...

On the plates. All quite expensive but I have held off for a while longer. The concert at lunchtime could have been better I'm afraid.

I did a little shop and I have to say even for a Friday afternoon the shops were dead. I just did the  cheap/pound shops. I found some biscuits and a timer for me to use switch on/off the slow cooker rather than me doing working out the times.

I don't remember feeling this way in ages but the ride home on the bus seemed to take forever and I could not wait to get off the vehicle. It really does go all around the houses and does not take the most direct route.

I found some prepared veg meant for a homemade soup back in my own town but its ideal in a slow cooker...

Now I'm just taking it easy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put your feet up and relax, Gildy. Nothing like getting cosy at home. :)

I'll be making some chilli (with Quorn mince) in my slow cooker tomorrow. :)

It's cold down here but going out into my garden today I discovered that I have daffodil shoots coming up in the containers where I planted them in September!

Nx

6 December 2013 at 19:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks N :-)
I sometimes need someone to say "Take it easy" and give me permission to do so. In reality I probably do take life in a quite laid back way...

That reduced veg I found is the excuse I need to make more "Comfort food" No prepping, already cut uo and a fair amount in the bag(perhaps I should have bought two)but then if you do that,is it the bargain it first seems?

You mentioned Chilli, I wonder if I could get away with that? If it was mild, perhaps. I still have to have a go at a curry. I have tried Quorn before and found it to be acceptable too.

I had two bowls of my sausage casserole...that sounds a lot but when its mainly vegetable it is not high in calories and easier to digest. It also kept me warm, so it is true that a hot meal fuels the body.

The rest did change how I felt quite quickly. I am quick to sense atmospheres and the town I was in yesterday was so deserted.

The few people that were around looked so down.

Strange weather but a lovely story about the daffodils. Are they in a pocket of the garden where they are protected and its warmer?

7 December 2013 at 07:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are in containers against the wall of my house so in a sheltered sunny spot. Should make a nice show when they are flowering, which is usually around my birthday in March. :)

I also planted lots of tulips, although those haven't shown yet, and some interesting ones called "Greenland tulips" which are GREEN, edged with pink. :) And some "Russian snowdrops" which are white and striped with blue! I'm looking forwards to seeing those. :)

Nx

7 December 2013 at 13:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Russian snowdrops...now those I would like to see.

March seems ages away but time passes by so quickly these days...

x

7 December 2013 at 22:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home