My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's A Busy Weekend...

for many. Especially sports wise...a Rugby Tour between Australia and the UK(after two games it is drawn and down to the last in the series)there is a Formula 1 Grand Prix taking place at Silverstone in England, Wimbledon is happening and we still have a British Woman trying to get into the second week(and its close)and in it's approx 41st year, The Glastonbury Music Festival.

I'm afraid I am following none of them. Just resting and being quiet. However, I may tune in this evening and watch/listen to the headlining act and its their first appearance at the festival, The Rolling Stones.

I wonder just how much longer they can continue but I say that of the few groups I have seen in the past year and who are of a similar age. In a radio interview this morning you hear a different side of Mick Jagger. I haven't heard many interviews with him and the person who launched the festival all those years ago and there was a slight hint that just perhaps this could be the last festival.

I'm not sure who would take it on and whether a new person would wish to use the area in a similar way. The rest of the year I understand it is used as a working farm.

Me? Most of what I want to do and see will be happening this coming week, possibly some trips and next weekend the Proms in the Park in Darlington and now I discover a music event is taking place on the streets of Durham(more details later)but brass bands of different styles from the UK and abroad are appearing. So just as well I am taking it easy and building up my energy, all I can hope for is decent weather(well as long as it doesn't rain heavily)

ETA:Our British hope at Wimbledon lives to fight another day. Some are disappointed/angry with the Rolling Stones...unbeknown to all, they stipulated that their concert could not be shown in full and the reason? They are bringing out a DVD! At this time in their career would it really have done any harm to show it all? I'm sure the DVD would still sell well and they are financially sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home