My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 24, 2013

In Approx 3 Months...

It will be three years since they started removing this eyesore which I posted about in November 2010. I thought that I would return to the topic as around a month ago, I posted an image of how that part of the town looks now. Ok its only been replaced by a supermarket and a carpark but its so different.

Images three to ten are exactly the area shown in the last view of this blog entry. You can see how much space there is now the original building is no more.























Something similar is going on in another area of the retail area. Finally, shops that were built approx sixty five years are being refurbished and to be honest newer shops that were built later and gave an second floor of units could and should have been removed but that's impractical according to owners of the retail area. A new staircase has been erected to reach shops on a second level and in another area a massive concrete ramp has been removed which has opened out the centre and given it a more spacious feel and that area could be perhaps used for events.

Another area of shops on a second level have been abandoned but there are no plans to reuse them or demolish them so some of the horrible previous eyesore will remain.

Another area is to be demolished and that part also includes the town clock which they say will be relocated.

Most of the work is said to be completed by November this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home