My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

New Teeth...

Looks as though I have no choice...

I always looked after my teeth and went to the Dentists regularly and then a few years ago I found both Mum and myself were not registered. Then with Mum's illness and various other things we did not bother and well the truth is I haven't many left but I manage. Normally because all the broken ones cannot be seen but I have lost one of my front teeth and now another is in the process of breaking in half.

So I guess I will have to admit defeat and decide to have all the broken bits removed and probably the last few teeth I have of my own at the front and try to get used to wearing dentures. If I can, then again I don't have much choice. What I mean are the teeth on either side of the front teeth.

My jaw aches if I keep it open too long so they may have to put me out to do the work. I think its happened mainly due to the fact I have been told that I grind my teeth when I am asleep so that has probably caused most of the damage and probably as can happen the medication I am on...

I cannot say that I am looking forward to this...but it cannot be avoided...so I'll make an appointment with my Dr next week and get his advice. It could be I need to have this done in a hospital as opposed to a Dentist. Heaven knows what dentures they'll decide for me but my Gran had them, as does my Uncle and my Father managed so I guess that I will too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. My mother always used to say 'hang on to your teeth for as long as you can'.... and she was right.
I have a little plate with three teeth on. I find it a real nuisance so don't like to wear it indoors. It's important to remember to wear it for at least a couple of hours every day because, otherwise, the gums will shrink and the denture will no longer fit. Be warned!

9 March 2013 at 08:57  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I can't do anything about it :o( I've managed for almost five and a half decades and might have carried on a bit longer but when your front teeth go missing...

No point putting off the inevitable. I won't look the same when I smile of course...If I can afford to I'll try and go the extra mile and get some better one's...

Thanks for the advice...

9 March 2013 at 10:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord, Gildy, that sounds just like me! My asthma meds have ruined my teeth.

I have the same problem with breakage on either side in the back, and I've broken the two in the front. I'm terrified to go to the dentist. With my asthma, I have a panic attack just thinking of someone with their hands in my mouth. I can barely breathe as it is! :o/

From one sufferer to another...Good Luck! :o)

Jan

14 March 2013 at 05:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home