My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Kenny Ball...

Last year he was appearing with Acker Bilk and Chris Barber at the Sage in Gateshead. The only reason that stopped me from attending was it is a very difficult place to get to if you have to use public transport, the venue is one of the best in the country. The tickets aren't that expensive if compared with other theatres in the area.

It all comes down to problems with public transport...connections between one service to another but  in the end even if you get there, its getting the last bus home or managing to book a hotel room locally overnight.

So I gave up.

Well, that was my last chance as news has been announced that Kenny passed away this morning, he was 82.

All my favourites continue to leave and so much for the continued line that is spun about living longer, our time is fleeting. He always had a boyish charm about him...

Kenny Ball

Kenny performs "So Do I"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home