My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 14, 2013

A Concert By A New Town Choir...

Its a cold one today but I am determined not to put the heating on and try to stay warm using all my household tips of layering up on clothes, hot water bottles and warm drinks...

Its a bit misty but so far the promised snow has held off(famous last words)it did try its damned hardest to for part of last evening but just could not lay nor did it manage to turn into flakes.

I know because I dragged myself out to my church to see the first concert by a Town Choir recently formed. It was a free performance which I would estimate to have attracted an audience of around sixty people.

Their choice of works were demanding. To be honest though I knew they may be because of the titles of the works announced...Karl Jenkins' "Armed Man" and Gabriel Faure's "Requiem"

The works can be heard by clicking on the links but for such a small choir they were good and they were only accompanied by a small church organ. So we did not have the advantage of an orchestra as featured in the video's.

I am unsure if the work by Jenkin's had been cut short as it is longer here but that could be because the arrangement had been simplified...

If I am honest it was a bit heavy for me but the titles should have given me a clue what to expect.

There was a donation collection at the end which was to be split between the food bank that is run by my church and another that was started by the footballer Alan Shearer - An Academy Scholarship to help young people realise their football careers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home