My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Stupid Speech...

Sadly this excerpt misses out our PM's mention of Hitler but he finds at virtually opportunity a way to compare today or play on the spirit of the British people when we were at war as in WWII...some of that can be seen here...
It's War!

Even Jeremy Hardy the comedian isn't particular impressed as said in a recent Twitter entry...
Can't link but here's one of his posts...

Jeremy Hardy@JeremyJHardy
Cameron likens our economic problems to WW2. We didn't rely on the private sector to defeat Hitler, Dave, you chinless pudding.

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

"economic equivalent of war" is nothing like what Hardy says. who is he...probably a lefty TV sleb? certainly not very clever.

22 November 2012 at 17:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, I think you could say that Span...but he is often entertaining and it makes a change from so many of today's standups who are right wing or those who pretend to be leaning to the left, he is on a tour at present, if I had been flush for cash(or not thinking whether I will have money in the future)I might have gone to see him locally a few weeks ago.

I did see a great live act in Bishop Auckland Town Hall very intimate venue...Richard Digance...the ticket was cheap but he overan(I did not want to miss any of it)and the last bus had gone so had to use a taxi which added a silly amount of money to the night!

The reason probably was because it started at 8pm instead of 7.30pm and so many wanted to have signed CD's and books...which were signed in the interval.

Who would have thought he would appear at such a small venue...good on him...

22 November 2012 at 19:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

My first so called "Folk Night" It was great. The opening act I discovered had played at my town...the previous night.

For a town the size mine is I amazed at how few live events happen and that everyone has to travel to other towns...

22 November 2012 at 19:29  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Folk can be good, country too, any music can be enjoyable in small doses. Where I live I don't think there are any live events apart from a small theatre, certainly no concerts (ignoring pub live bands of course)

23 November 2012 at 18:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There is a connection regarding that town hall...over 76 years ago my Mum sung in a school choir there with her proud parents watching, then there am I over 76 years later watching my first show there.

Really intimate venue and close to the performers but virtually all seats taken. He had to work the room but everyone enjoyed it and gave him deserved applause. So hopefully he felt that it was worth attending.

He had never thought he would appear there but admitted no one had ever asked him before.

23 November 2012 at 18:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home