My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Breadline Britain...

I'll just post this link but I think it says it all without comment from me...

Misleading reporting by the media(University Of Kent's Social Policy Team)

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

This has happened all my life Gildy. I am now 50. Many elderly people certainly have always been ashamed/too stubborn/scared of forms to claim what is their due benefit.

22 November 2012 at 17:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, I have heard this all my life too and you get stick when you do take what is rightfully yours. I wish the media/politicians would avoid whipping up the hatred and paranoia that it does but it gets a good reaction...

I read a free national newspaper last night and the letters page was full of hatred about anyone on benefit, not one letter offering an alternative view...

Good for the newspaper but biased so it colours the views of the reader.

This is one criticism of the news we have today because it is often opinion based rather than fact, similar to a newspaper editorial...

At least when Alistair Cooke did Letter from America you knew it was his take on things...

They are all coming online for download...

22 November 2012 at 19:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home