My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Bargains When I Have No Room...

Four bird roasts for Christmas but massive and I mean massive Pork joints worth over £12 and being sold at half price and if there was room in the freezer I would have sliced it up and had plenty of meat into the new year but there isn't any room. Typical! Too big for one person but if cut into smaller portions...really good value...

I'm determined to try and enjoy Christmas, listen to the music, watch more tv and make myself eat more imaginatively over Christmas. I am even thinking of attending the Midnight service at my local church which I have not done in years...but has memories of attending with Mum and Dad. We would come home and have a Turkey sandwich, a cup of tea and open our presents and back in those days it seemed to snow so we would walk home from the church in newly crisp fallen snow...

I will try not to worry about the future and what next year will bring...I have some booze that should still be ok though it is over a year old and most is ok past the date on the bottle...I'll use it! There is something I wanted to share with Mum and never managed to and when used it is too expensive and I don't see me buying it ever again for myself...champagne.

What do I know of booze...I am ok drinking cheap cider, larger and now bitter...but I like vodka and rum(especially made into cocktails...)

I drank my first can of bitter last night(finished it this morning)and it still wasn't flat, anyhow I could not tell the difference between larger or bitter...

If they leave me alone I'll have a two week festive celebration to take me into the New Year. I don't think I will be up seeing the New Year in though. I suspect I will be in bed. 2012 has been pretty bad so knowing what I know many will see the year ending in 13 as much worse...

If anyone thinks I spend too much on food all I purchased today was some strawberries, Brussels Sprouts and some large bread buns but even that came to £3.40, you don't get much for your money these days nut at a push I can stretch those items over a few meals so in the end it is not too bad...

I had a three stews out of one meal cooked in a slow cooker so that stretched some vegetables and meat further and tonight I have some mackerel that only cost £1.49 so again I can stretch the three fillets over three meals and make them into a salad and/or sandwiches. Simple but good for you, I don't care if it is slightly out of date either...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home