My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

Amazingly, the day that happened Mum and myself decided to go to the neighbouring town to do some shopping I think the idea was I was looking for a new coat.

We came home around teatime and I put the tv on to watch a kind of tv word quiz that is quite popular and instead the horrible events we all know of were being played out and it did take a while for us to realise what we were watching. What a lot has happened since then worldwide and personally in all our lives. Amazing that eleven years have passed by...

Last night, well the early part of this morning I did something I haven't really done before I set up four glass globes with tea light candles in them and they looked so pretty. You could not read by them but they really were quite beautiful. I now realise that they were burning on the anniversary of 9/11 so I like to think that I was lighting a candle in memory of all who lost their lives during this horrible event.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that, Gildy.

All the thoughts and prayers from around the world on that day really did make a huge difference and made a horrible day a little more bearable.

There were some really lovely tributes for the anniversary. So much sadness and loss. It just breaks your heart. :o(

The world has changed so much. Hopefully it will get better. That's what I pray for every day.

Thank you again, my friend.

Jan

18 September 2012 at 19:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home