My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Found Out That Clare Teal Is Coming To

Another local theatre that I have never been to but not until next year so I'll book my ticket now in case I can't in coming months, if you don't book early you miss out.Smiley vocals 034.gifThere may not be any tickets now for all I know.

Smiley trumpet 127.gifI have also discovered that the Syd Lawrence Big Band is appearing around the same time. I last saw them maybe 30 years ago and it was fantastic. Also, instead of seeing Martha Reeves, I'll try and book a ticket for Stacy Kent who is appearing in a few weeks.

If you are fortunate to live in a big city like Liverpool you get some wonderful treats and for some they will travel to such venues but an example the great conductor John Wilson is organising a big band  and will appear with Clare Teal on December 31st to bring in the New Year. What a way to do that...never been a lover of New Year and this year will probably be in bed when it strikes midnight but a concert like this, I'd make an exception.

BTW Carol, John Shuttleworth is coming in the New Year tooSmiley

Without going all the way to Newcastle, it seems we have four theatres within 7-17miles of here...and I have never been in three of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

That is brilliant Gildy. I have loved JS since he was on tv back in the eighties. "I'm up and down like a bride's nightie" - It's funny that Graham Fellowes is now the age he was purporting to be back then!

Cx

6 August 2012 at 09:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I was trying to remember his name...I've dropped one local show in the hope of seeing two "Big" shows further out of the area but there is no public transport so unless I break the journey and use a train or bus part of the way and change I'm stuck...

o I may have to pay a very expensive taxi fare...

But they may never ever do another show in the area and as said the future money will be tight(I say next year)but things could change sooner than that, no one knows...

One is a show with Kenny Ball, Chris Barber and Aker Bilk and a Christmas concert with the Glenn Miller Band.

The only time you miss having your own transport...

6 August 2012 at 09:27  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Yes,it makes things very akward. We are 20 minutes from London on the train which is fantastic. We also have a lovely theatre not two miles away, so very easy to get to.

About nine miles there is another one. So we are very lucky. Sometimes we go to Basingstoke which is a park the car, hop on the train, and the theatre is just over the road. Couldn't bemore easy.

Cx

6 August 2012 at 09:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Bus service is rubbish...reasonably ok up to teatime and within 5-7 mile radius after that...difficult. We don't really have much of a town service might be ok if you can get near a main bus route...

No wonder I use taxi's. I looked at the possibilty of changing buses, using the train if I book those concerts further away and its too much trouble and it may work out as much or at best not much less than the taxi option.

No wonder many people stay at home and don't get out and about or are prisoners in their homes if they don't have friends or family to ferry them around.

Considering our town is one of the largest/newest in the area it seems very wrong.

6 August 2012 at 12:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home