My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Tales...

Well, most of the time I will use the plain roasting bags(they are cheaper)they are approx 11p each but...whilst I am able I have purchased some branded bags that also have attached a sachet of herbs and flavouring but if I use these it adds 75p-£1 to the meal. :doh:


The annoying thing is they always say on the packet it is for 4 people and I assume I am supposed to use it all. I am toying with the idea of trying to roughly measure half of the herb dressing and keep half closed in the sachet for another time and on that occasion I'll use one of the plain roasting bags...adding what's left in the sachet.


If I find that I can make the same dressings by buying bottled herbs which contain more than the sachets and are cheaper I'll do that. 


I'll have the chicken tonight but I have not decided what to have with it...and they are only just past their sell by date so I will have a pork pie(or two later)They are fine...


I must have some fruit too...I haven't had much today...:) happy


I had a look out...I know they have to ask for it back...I had to find it, I doubt I can delay paying it back...It is public money after all. What? The DWP(for anyone living abroad that's the Government Department that pays State pensions and welfare to the unemployed, the sick etc...)and they have decided that they overpaid Mum by one week on her pension so "They want it back!" But I am sorry, I still feel with all that's happened and all the money we never claimed for Mum and how difficult things are now and what's coming I feel a bit X( angry


I can pay by cheque, I don't have a cheque book but I can use a credit card. So I went to my bank and paid  the amount into the account and then tomorrow I'll phone the DWP and pay it off. And it's already waiting for them. And I'm finished with them, for now but they'll be in touch again.~X( at wits' end I like as little to do with them as possible but circumstances I suspect will mean that I will until the day I leave this world.


With all the bad weather our country has been suffering, the supermarket have been unable to supply some fresh vegetables or they are in short supply. They also expect the prices to rise soon and that also includes food that is made using cereal crops. It's going to be a hard winter in lots of ways, the cost of food, heating, electric and the changes coming to all:( sad


So there is a run on tinned vegetables, flour, potatoes etc...so today for my store room I managed to get eight tins of new potatoes for approx £1.50


I probably have enough clothes but I came across a nice blue jumper and a grey cardigan in the charity shop so I treated myself, that only came to £1.98.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home