My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Well, The Weather Has Returned To Normal As The Bank Holiday Arrives...

Cool, wet and cold...

I made the mistake of putting the clothes that I had washed and were almost dry on the washing line(ten minutes in the Tumble drier probably would've been enough to finish them off)so they got soaked. I am just leaving them out and if it takes days for them to dry so be it...I am not wearing or going through loads of clothes daily and when you've only yourself to please, what does it matter?

The latest weather forecast for London on Sunday and the flotilla on the River Thames suggests rain that may clear by the afternoon but it may remain cold 10c-12c(50f-54f)


I wondered what might happen on the final day of the Bank Holiday celebrating the Queen's Jubilee as there did not seem to be much going on but I think that there is a service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral so that should be quite special...

It won't be the same as being there but as VQ said watching on tv you'll see more, be warmer, less likely to be tired and it is difficult to sometimes get a good place to make your own...and sitting or standing for ages isn't good...And if you get caught short...

I too hope that the Queen is around for many years to come, there was a documentary on Radio 2 last evening at 10pm presented by the actress Celia Imrie "We Are Sixty!" and it came up about how long the Queen may live and about her "Genes"

I have checked, it is repeated again on Sunday at 7pm...

If you are reading this after that time you can catch it on line for a few days...if you are reading this perhaps after June 9th it's probably gone for good...

9 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If anyone lives in the reception area of or has access to the net(for a live stream)or on Listen again upto 7 days afterwards...

Colin Berry is on BBC Three Counties Radio on Tuesday 5th June at 1pm playing music that was released in the year of the Queen's Coronation...

Radio 4 surprisingly isn't doing much over the weekend and most of the BBC's coverage is either on BBC1(tv wise)or Radio 2/Radio 5.

Where things clash I will either try and record both to listen to later as they happen(hope that it doesn't use much energy)or I'll record/listen to what I have missed later perhaps overnight via the internet.

31 May 2012 at 15:55  
Anonymous VQ said...

Oooh. Must try to remember to listen to that on Sunday evening.
Thanks, Gildy.

31 May 2012 at 16:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That documentary is on 7pm, I think...it does clash with some tv programmes...ITV a programme about the Queen's Horses(6.30pm-8.30pm)and Gary Barlow BBC1(7.30pm-8.30pm)how he tried to record his song for the Jubilee...but the radio programme is available now for listening to on the net and it won't use much of your broadband allowance if you decide to listen...

31 May 2012 at 17:17  
Anonymous VQ said...

I didn't know I had a broadband allowance. I don't even know what it is!!
Ignorance is bliss.

31 May 2012 at 18:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I bet you never get anywhere near what you allowed to use VQ...I have 60gb a month and with a week to go I have only used approx 40gb. And I could have used much more as I do my main heavy use between midnight and 8am which means the allowance I pay for has barely been touched.

It would mean you could listen to music and radio via your laptop...radio listening uses hardly anything.

Guess what you might be able to get a better deal with Virgin at present for your phone and Broadband if its nearly time to renew your package...I've had a look and they are offering six months at half price...

31 May 2012 at 18:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

An allowance is a bit like being given credit...it's a bit like someone saying here's £100 to spend over the month and if you don't use it all up, you lose what remains but if you spent say £150 they charge you for the extra you've used.

Probably a set fee...e-mails and surfing uses next to nothing, the fact that you've watched some of You Tube shows you must have a reasonable amount of Broadband access if you haven't incurred any penalties for what you've used.

31 May 2012 at 18:55  
Anonymous VQ said...

Oh well, I just do what I want to do and it never costs me any more than usual - about £30 per month.
As for the six months at half price offer, I'm pretty sure that will only be for new customers.
I switched from AOL to Virgin because I was having problems with the phone line. Virgin comes via optic cables, of course. (Do I sound as if I know what I'm talking about? I don't!!)

31 May 2012 at 20:06  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

31 May 2012 at 21:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds a good deal to me and you are probably faster than my connection...

Plusnet have just launched fibre optics packages in the last day or two...

I think I'd only notice the difference in speed if I was online gamer...I think my package would normally come in around £27 for the phone, the line and broadband(each month)but because of the offer its nearer £23 per month...so they are much the same...

I think it's that you have embraced the internet and I am gad that you are able to afford to have it! I don't mean that in a patronising way, because it keeps people in touch and informed I think it has almost become essential to many in their well being...

Perhaps just as the older person is given a free tv license it might make more sense giving them access to the internet,after all you can watch tv on the net...and you can actually avoid having a license in the first place...so lets have free or cheaper broadband, besides I think a phoneline is important too.

31 May 2012 at 22:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home