My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How Did I Spend The First Hour Or Two...

Of my birthday?

On You Tube watching an old Jack Benny programme followed by a documentary about the great voice over artist/actor Mel Blanc.  You know the one, voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety Pie...It's probably easier to ask who he didn't do! He shared my birth date...May 30th.

You know it's probably long since lost/damaged but perhaps nearly 30 years ago I received a letter and a signed photograph from Mel, at the time I must've mentioned how Dad loved his work and it was not long after losing him and Mel even said how sorry he was to hear of my father's passing.

It's amazing what you find on the internet...it was so interesting and as far as I am aware it has not been shown on tv over here.

I mentioned finding and wearing a signet ring Dad bought me I suspect when I was around 18/21 I forget which, and wearing Mum's pearl necklace as a keepsake(its not noticeable)and is hidden, we were never one's for wearing lots of jewellery but I have now found a ring Mum had been wearing which belonged to Dad but actually was originally his Father's ring so I have that too.

I suspect this is the only keepsake/family heirloom from that side of the family and could be 100 years old...I believe there is some story about my grandad wearing it though the first world war...I never knew or had a grandad in my life, only one grandma for that matter.

Well, it's almost 3am I guess I better think about getting some sleep...

Update:I awoke not so long ago and said "Good Morning World!" Watered some flower tubs(yes, at 5.30am)so I can plant some flowers later and then had a great big bowl of cereal with the usual mixture of fruit but added some grapes too. In fact there was so much fruit I wondered if there was room any cereal...and I still had a drink of milk afterwards...

Now I'm back on my bed ready for hopefully a few more hours sleep...

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Isn't it great being grown up and being able to go to bed and get up whenever you like?
Being alone isn't ALL bad news. There are lots of little treats like this which will unfold as time goes on.
It has taken me 21 years to appreciate that fact.
Better late than never, I suppose.

30 May 2012 at 16:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I hope that I can continue to enjoy that luxury...its nice when its your choice.

Also, it does not necessarily mean that you are lazy nor going to slip into depression.

I get a bit angry about how they forced Mum when ill to have a bath daily(it wasn't needed)They did not do that in hospital or the nursing home.

They tried to get Mum up too early and if she'd had a bad night that was the last thing she needed.

Mum loved resting and listening to her music she did not ask for much.

I'm quite happy doing simple things, I may be affected because of money being tight but if I can manage to watch a little tv, listen to the radio, stay on the internet, hopefully afford a bit of heating and electric and eat reasonably well...that's good enough for me.

I ask for very little, I'm easily pleased.

30 May 2012 at 17:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home